If you're a frequent pinner like myself then I'm sure you've come across this DIY Sharpie Mug pin a time or two. I've been wanting to give it a try, but I wanted to put my own spin on it. After some thinking I decided that it would be fun to ring in the New Year with a fabulous affirmation mug! The New Year is all about renewing yourself and making resolutions. One way to stick to the resolutions you make is by creating positive affirmations. Positive affirmations keep you inspired and motivated to be and do better. That's why I thought writing an affirmation onto a fabulous mug would be the perfect twist to this wildly popular DIY.
This DIY takes little to no time and it's so fun to do. I decided on these two affirmations: "Meant to have an amazing life" and "Hello Beautiful." Even though I picked up a black, red, and blue Sharpie, when I stumbled upon a pack of Metallic Sharpies (gold, bronze, and grey) at Target I was SOLD! I love sparkle and glitter so I used my gold and bronze Sharpie to decorate my mugs! Check out the details below on how to create your own Affirmation Mug.
How to Create an Affirmation Mug
Here's What You'll Need
❤ A blank mug
❤ Lint free cloth
Here's What to Do
1. Decide what you want to write or draw on your mug.
2. Practice your design on a blank sheet of paper.
3. Using your Sharpie write your phrase or draw your design on your mug
4. If you mess up, spray your mug with window cleaner and wipe of the mistake with the lint free cloth.
5. After you have finished your mug, bake your mug in the over for 30 minutes at 350.
6. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. Enjoy some tea in your new mug!
For this mug I used a Bronze Metallic Sharpie!
For this mug I used a Gold Metallic Sharpie!
What do you think of this DIY? What affirmation will you be writing on your mug?
Remember to find me on: